The Environmental Quality Board (EQB or Board) has the authority to convene a subcommittee under Minnesota Rules chapter 4405 and Minnesota Statutes section 116D. The Board also has the authority and responsibility to promulgate rules that establish procedures for the State Environmental Review Program (MS 116D.04 subd.5a) and monitor the effectiveness of those rules (MR 4410.0400).
On September 18, 2019 the Board established the Environmental Review Implementation Subcommittee (ERIS) for the purpose of providing a forum for transparent deliberation and public input on important issues related to the State Environmental Review Program and making recommendations for improving effectiveness.
Public Participation Opportunities
All voices are important and welcome to participate during the public input sessions on the Subcommittee agendas. Individuals and groups may provide helpful background information, ask questions and make recommendations. Any information intended for inclusion in the Subcommittee packet, should be submitted in writing before the meeting to: Env.Review@state.mn.us (please state ERIS Meeting Information in subject line).
- Sarah Strommen, (Chair) Commissioner; Natural Resources
- Grace Arnold, Commissioner; Commerce
- Joseph Bauerkemper, Congressional District 8
- Nancy Daubenberger, Commissioner; Transportation
- Rylee Hince, Congressional District 2
- Katrina Kessler, Commissioner; Pollution Control
- Paul Nelson, Congressional District 6
2024 Calendar and Info
*Second Wednesday of the month