According to Minnesota Statutes 103B.151, the Environmental Quality Board is to coordinate a comprehensive long-range water resources plan for the state every ten years. The 2010 Minnesota Water Plan was adopted by the EQB on November 18, 2010 and presents a vision for achieving sustainable water management.
The plan was prepared in cooperation with EQB member agencies and is the latest in a long history of bringing together agencies and others with an interest in achieving sustainable water management. The many local, regional and state stakeholder efforts convened in recent years also were an important part of this effort. The plan was prepared with a long-term vision oriented to protecting Minnesota's treasured water resources for generations to come.
The EQB received public comment on the draft plan during the period from September 1 to October 1, 2010. Additionally, the EQB discussed and entertained public comment at its September 16, 2010 board meeting. The public comments were compiled and the report was finalized based on the input received. Final discussion of the draft document and adoption of the report by the board took place at the November 18th EQB meeting. Please direct any additional questions and comments to Princesa VanBuren Hansen.
- 2010 Minnesota Water Plan: A ten year framework for managing Minnesota's water, November 29, 2010. (15.5M, PDF) | Report details
- Public comment on draft Environmental Quality Board Minnesota Water Plan: Review draft report and submit comments regarding the state water plan, September 2, 2010. (online form) | Comment details
- Draft 2010 Minnesota Water Plan: Examines long range water resource planning and policy issues, September 2, 2010. (2.12 M, .pdf) | Report details
- Minnesota watermarks: gauging the flow of progress 2000 - 2010: The state water plan, a 10 year framework for managing Minnesota's waters, September 1, 2000. (49p., 4940k PDF) | Report details
- Summary of the Minnesota water plan: directions for protecting and conserving Minnesota's water: Brief summary of Minnesota's efforts to coordinate and integrate water programs, May 1, 1991. (744.08K, .pdf, Scanned document) | Report details
- Minnesota water plan: directions for protecting and conserving Minnesota's waters: Analyzes needed principles, policies and actions for managing water, January 1, 1991. (5.7 M, .pdf, scanned document)